Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Steak, Anyone?


This?
Or This?
It is simply amazing how quickly babies grow and grow up. It seems like yesterday that my wife and I were trying to get the hang of the whole breastfeeding, pumping and bottle-feeding business, yet today I was shopping for baby spoons, small plastic bowls, and rice cereal. That’s right, my little baby boy is moving onto food. It is amazing how, in the midst of day-to-day parenting, these mini-milestones can sneak up on you so easily.

            Rice cereal doesn’t sound very exciting to me, but it certainly beats the pureed peas and mushed carrots that will soon be added to his diet. Depending on how he takes to this whole cereal business, in a few weeks Buck will be transitioning over to veggies and fruits. That phase starts to offer more options. Should I make his food myself or use food from the jar? Is organic worth the expense? Should I start with carrots, peas, potatoes, or beans? How do you clean mushy green bean puree off the ceiling?

And, most importantly, when will my little dude be asking me for a nice, juicy steak?

No comments:

Post a Comment